Read on for our top 5 fabulous pairings and try them out for yourself for your next dinner reservation.
- Off-dry Riesling. Rieslings are a traditional dry, white wine from Germany.
- Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.
- Gruner Veltliner.
- Provencal Rose.
- 1 What drinks pair well with sushi?
- 2 What do you drink with raw salmon?
- 3 What juice is good with sushi?
- 4 What wine goes good with sushi?
- 5 What sodas go with sushi?
- 6 What goes best with sushi?
- 7 Does red or white wine pair better with salmon?
- 8 What are good sides for salmon?
- 9 What non alcoholic drink goes well with salmon?
- 10 What beer goes with sushi?
- 11 What alcohol goes with Japanese food?
- 12 What white wine goes best with sushi?
- 13 Does champagne go well with sushi?
- 14 Are Rieslings sweet?
What drinks pair well with sushi?
Beer and Wine Pairings: What to Drink with Sushi
- Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, and Pinot Grigio.
- Pinot Noir.
- Asahi Super Dry Lager.
- Sapporo Lager.
- Yoho Wednesday Cat Belgian White Nagano.
What do you drink with raw salmon?
8 Wines That Go Best With Salmon
- Pinot Noir or Burgundy. One of the most classic pairings for salmon is Pinot Noir or red Burgundy wine.
- Grenache or Garnacha.
- Beaujolais or Beaujolais Nouveau.
- Chardonnay or White Burgundy.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
- Dry Rosé
What juice is good with sushi?
Which Drink Goes Best With My Sushi?
- Pomegranate & Blackcurrant water. Rich and fruity, these flavours are strong enough to compete with your sushi delivery.
- Orange & Lemon water.
- Lemon & Lime water.
- Apple & Raspberry water.
- Fizzy drinks.
- Green Tea.
What wine goes good with sushi?
For sushi, sashimi or other makis based on white fish, you can choose a lively Chardonnay with woody notes. For more fatty fish such as salmon, you may prefer a dry white like a Mâcon or a Chablis. A plate with a variety of fishes will find a good harmony with a floral white wine like a sauvignon, or a Riesling.
What sodas go with sushi?
For a bit of the bubbly, without alcohol, consider pairing your sushi dish with a glass of cold Ginger Ale. There’s a reason ginger is served as your sushi condiment. It’s always a good pairing. Besides, the light bubbly beverage of Ginger Ale is a non alcoholic match made in sushi heaven.
What goes best with sushi?
14 Sushi Side Dishes
- Miso Soup. This is my number one go-to side dish when I am having sushi.
- Suimono soup. This is another very popular Japanese clear soup.
- Tsukemono (Japanese pickles) Pickled ginger is one of the most popular accompaniments served with sushi.
- Wakame salad.
Does red or white wine pair better with salmon?
Salmon, a luscious fish, pairs well with both richer whites and lighter reds. While fish and oaky wines tend to clash, the grilled flavor can actually work well with lightly oaked wines. Salmon, a luscious fish, pairs well with both richer whites and lighter reds.
What are good sides for salmon?
23 Best Side Dishes For Salmon
- Lemon Pasta.
- Buttery Garlic Green Beans.
- Roasted Parmesan Rosemary Potatoes.
- Lemon Butter Broccolini.
- Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce.
- Baby Bok Choy.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- Cilantro Lime Rice.
What non alcoholic drink goes well with salmon?
Seafood: Lemonade If you like squeezing fresh lemon juice over your fish, you’ll enjoy this fish and lemonade combo. The acidity from the lemon juice cuts through rich, fatty fish and prevents seafood dishes from feeling too heavy. But, if lemonade isn’t your fave, opt for another citrus juice instead.
What beer goes with sushi?
The key point to remember is that lighter beers go better with sushi than heavier beers. Pilsners, witbiers and hefeweizens are good bets. American lagers like Budweiser or Mexican lagers like Pacifico should be able to serve in a pinch, since they have similar flavor profiles to Japanese lagers.
What alcohol goes with Japanese food?
The most popular Japanese foods outside Japan are surely sushi and sashimi, albeit often bought in takeaways where wine is far from a factor. But with good-quality sushi and sashimi served with care, white wine is the usual choice, and both champagne and sake frequent ones.
What white wine goes best with sushi?
Riesling is a solid choice for sushi. Lighter cuts of fish pair well with a light-bodied white wine, and the delicate fruit notes and mouth watering acidity in Riesling do just the trick. If you prefer lean cuts of fish like white fish or yellowtail, go with a dry Riesling.
Does champagne go well with sushi?
It is rare for a sushi bar to propose Champagne on their wine list, yet the pairing of bubbles and raw fish is a particularly interesting one. In fact the fruity characters of rosé champagne will form an ideal foil for soy sauce and be excellent with the melting texture of the raw fish.
Are Rieslings sweet?
Dry, semi-sweet, or sweet