From tempura and miso soup to gyoza dumplings and matcha ice cream, these sides are sure to delight. Whether it’s with sake, ahi, ebi, kani, or unagi, these sides are so good, they will surely take you to sushi heaven.
- Miso Soup.
- Gari or Pickled Ginger.
- Kani Salad.
- Seaweed Salad.
- 1 What sides to serve with sushi?
- 2 What is typically served with sushi?
- 3 What are some Japanese side dishes?
- 4 What do you serve with sashimi?
- 5 What appetizers go with sushi?
- 6 What is the white stuff served with sushi?
- 7 How is sushi served in Japan?
- 8 What is pink stuff served with sushi?
- 9 What do you serve with miso soup?
- 10 What goes good with Japanese curry?
- 11 What is Japanese omelet?
- 12 What do you need for a sushi party?
- 13 What goes well with sushi alcohol?
- 14 What dessert goes well with sushi?
What sides to serve with sushi?
14 Sushi Side Dishes
- Miso Soup. This is my number one go-to side dish when I am having sushi.
- Suimono soup. This is another very popular Japanese clear soup.
- Tsukemono (Japanese pickles) Pickled ginger is one of the most popular accompaniments served with sushi.
- Wakame salad.
What is typically served with sushi?
Sushi is typically served with three condiments on the side – soy sauce, a dollop of wasabi (a dry green paste), and gari (pickled ginger). Interestingly, it’s hard to source real wasabi, which is actually a plant, outside of Japan.
What are some Japanese side dishes?
15 Easy Japanese Side Dishes
- 1. Japanese Fried Rice.
- 2. Japanese Turnips with Miso.
- Teriyaki Tofu.
- Cold Tofu.
- 5. Japanese Chicken Wings.
- 6. Japanese Potato Salad.
- 7. Japanese Spinach Salad.
- 8. Japanese Simmered Squash.
What do you serve with sashimi?
Sashimi is popularly served with a dipping sauce (soy sauce) and condiments such as wasabi paste, grated fresh ginger, grated fresh garlic, or ponzu for meat sashimi, and such garnishes as shiso and shredded daikon radish.
What appetizers go with sushi?
- Edamame. Lightly salted soybean pods steamed to perfection.
- Crispy Crab Wontons. Spiced crab meat blended with cream cheese and scallions fried to a golden crisp.
- Tuna Tartar.
- Teriyaki Skewer.
- Beef Pot Stickers.
- Fried Vegetable Spring Rolls.
- Spinach Cheese Sticks.
- Seafood Dynamite.
What is the white stuff served with sushi?
Gari is often served and eaten after sushi, and is sometimes called sushi ginger. It may also simply be called pickled ginger. In Japanese cuisine, it is considered to be essential in the presentation of sushi.
How is sushi served in Japan?
Most Japanese people eat sushi with their hands. Especially with nigiri sushi (single pieces of sushi with meat or fish on top of rice), it’s totally acceptable. Some people now use chopsticks because they think it is cleaner, but in most Japanese restaurants you wipe your hands with a hot towel first.
What is pink stuff served with sushi?
Otherwise known as Gari, pickled ginger can be identified by thin, light pink colored slices, generally located on the corner of your plate. Its flavor and natural properties make it perfect for clearing your palate.
What do you serve with miso soup?
Miso soup is a traditional Japanese dish made with fermented soybeans that lend its rich flavor to the broth. Here are eight side dishes that will complete your Miso Soup meal.
- 1 – Sashimi.
- 2 – Edamame.
- 3 – Kimchi.
- 4 – Grilled Fish.
- 5 – Fried Tofu.
- 6 – Steamed Vegetables.
- 7 – California Rolls.
What goes good with Japanese curry?
What To Serve With Japanese Curry: 12 Best Sides
- Rice. Rice is the most obvious choice when it comes to what to serve with Japanese curry, and you could argue that it’s an essential rather than a choice!
- A fried egg.
- Udon noodles.
- Spinach ohitashi.
- Eggplant dengaku.
- 7. Japanese pickles.
- Tempura battered vegetables.
What is Japanese omelet?
When the new layer of egg has set and still soft on top, start rolling from one side to the other. Move the rolled omelette to the side where you started to roll, and apply oil to the pan with a paper towel, even under the omelette. Pour the egg mixture to cover the bottom of the pan again.
What do you need for a sushi party?
You will need:
- A few cutting boards (one for every 2-3 people).
- A few pairs of sharp knives.
- A few sets of bamboo sushi mats for making sushi rolls.
- Small bowls of hand-dipping water by combining ¼ cup water with 2 tsp.
- Utensils (chopsticks), dinnerware (plates and dipping sauce plates), and serveware (large platters).
What goes well with sushi alcohol?
In general, Lee points towards craft cocktails made with sake or other light wines/spirits as safe picks to pair with sushi. “Any good cocktails mixed with sake, white wine, sparking wine or flavored vodka are a good paring with sushi and sashimi in Japanese restaurants,” he says.
What dessert goes well with sushi?
Perfect Desserts For Your Sushi Dinner
- Mochi. Often filled with ice-cream, or anko (sweet red bean paste) mochi are sweet, sticky rice cakes.
- Anmitsu. Japanese people have relished the earthy sweetness of anmitsu for more than 100 years.
- Honey Toast.
- Don’t Forget Tea.